I'm very tired. All the time. Normally, I skip home from work (well, theoretically) primed for a run in the sun, get indoors and promptly want to do nothing more than sit of the sofa and do nothing. Of late, this has changed to me arriving home and wanting to go to bed straight away. Now, I know that middle age has apparently snuck up on me, but this is ridiculous! If this doesn't stop soon I shall have to darken the door of the medical profession once more and see if there's anything actually wrong with me (other than the obvious, of course).
Anyway, it was a close-run thing this evening - another 5 minutes and there would have been no exercise at all. Still, re-scheduled tonight's run for tomorrow night (as you do) and headed for the gym. Where Serious Bloke was in residence, doing his thing, and watching some football thing on TV. He left after 10 minutes, but ever-so kindly left the football playing on the TV. Too, too kind. If anyone's interested, it would appear that the team playing in yellow and black won, from what I couldn't help but notice out of the corner of my eye. I'm not sure what they won, but there was hugging and some smiling, and so obviously they were quite happy about it.
With 20 minutes to go before the gym closed, The Terminator turned up. With a woman!! And not Terminator 3, before you start cross-pollinating your films. Now, it does have to be said that 15 minutes of cross-trainer action is not what we've come to expect of The Terminator (even if he selected a punishing level of difficulty). I'm not sure what nefarious plan he had in play... The naive amongst you may suspect that he had been watching the aforementioned football thingy and then sloped to the gym once it was done. But, really. The Terminator? Watching football? I think not...
Oh, and his female companion did some cycling. With her seat set far too low (a classic schoolgirl error). Although that would at least reduce the possibility of it collapsing under her...
:o)
Today's stats
Cross-trainer - 45 mins, 6 miles [Level 5]
No comments:
Post a Comment