Flew south and back today for work, which is strangely draining. OK, it's never good for me to find myself awake at 6am, but broadly speaking it was a fairly light day (fly, drive, have meeting, drive, fly, home). Still, completely knackered now...
Although a particular highpoint was my customer giving me a Cadbury's creme egg in celebration of my imminent birthday. A nice touch only slightly spoiled by the fact that he stole if from his daughter's Easter egg collection! I am now in receipt of stolen goods! [Although he did promise to replace it...]
I do seem to have accumulated something of a collection of creme eggs, despite my attempts to clear the house of "bad" food as part of Operation Beetroot. I am wavering between attempting to clear the house again (eat the eggs!) or demonstrating some willpower (hide the eggs!). Decisions, decisions...
For those who enjoy travel updates, I should note that today, rather oddly, I found myself standing at security without having taken my coat off or removed my laptop from my bag. The shame! Although, this was entirely due to there being no queue at all and therefore no opportunity to prepare. Feeble excuse, I know. If it helps, I carefully did all the take-coat-off-remove-laptop-and kindle-take-shoes-off-put-everything-into-separate-trays routine quickly and without the usual prompting: the man behind the counter did give me a slightly bemused look and thanked me. Experienced traveller at work!
Luckily, I am too tired to go into the rant about Bristol Airport's inability to manage queues at security. Which would be a doozy, as I was really quite cross with them... Another day, perhaps.
Oooh, and before I forget - red letter day. I boarded an Easyjet flight early, we took off early, and we landed early! Now that's something that doesn't happen every day!!
:o)
Today's stats
Cycling (in gym) - 27 mins, 5 miles [Level 5]
No comments:
Post a Comment