A momentous day today (and I'm not speaking about the death of a former Prime Minister). The Terminator spoke to me! To me!! *gasp*
As I was leaving the gym, I went to switch off the lights in my section (The Terminator was the only other person there and he was in a different section, with its own lights, cross-training his way to the creation of Cyberdine Systems). The Terminator then called across to me "Can you leave those on please?". And I said "Sure!" like an overly chipper cheerleader. That was very nearly a whole conversation!! Although, I am now wondering why he wanted the lights left on... That's going to torture me for days...
That excitement quite puts the first week's success on the 5x50 challenge into pale relief. In the end, I recorded a lofty ~48km in week 1, and that was after 2 days of doing nothing (the plague! The plague!). Which sounds good - but is probably the most I've done in one week for months. And I was definitely feeling it by Saturday.
Saturday was designated a rest day - just a bit of walking in support of the Smurf's wedding preps... Over 7 miles later (I didn't record the final walk back home, which would have been another 1.44 miles) and I was very ready for some Cava and sausage rolls (um, carb-loading, don't you know?).
Bit of Pilates on Sunday (must keep working on the old core or I'll get all stiff-hipped again and... Well, I'm not sure, but it may involve another visit to the Evil Podiatrist, and we'd like to avoid that if possible...). And now we're firmly into Week 2! Yip and indeed pee!
But I am no longer alone - I have spread not only the plague in the past fortnight, but also the madness that is fitness challenges. Yes, it is true - 2 people at work have also signed up for the 5x50 challenge! I am considering adding "Inspiration to Others" to my e-mail signature block... It seems only fair...
:o)
Today's stats
Cycling (in gym) - 26 mins, 5 miles [Level 5]
Sunday's stats
Pilates - 35 mins [DVD1]
Saturday's stats
Walking - 22 mins, 1.37 miles
Walking - 48 mins, 2.18 miles
Walking - 34 mins, 2.02 miles
Walking - 22 mins, 1.44 miles
No comments:
Post a Comment