Saturday, 13 April 2013

98. Advertising standards

I've had more time to catch things on TV of late, and am a frequent listener to the radio. All of which gives me plenty of time to review the latest advertising highlights. And here are a selection of those that have managed to stick in my mind...

1) "Some things can get in the way of your time together. Like erectile dysfunction." Now that's what you call a focused advert. The people on screen are faffing about with a table decoration at this point, but the voice-over guy doesn't mince his words...

2) "Say No To Gnomes" - latest Ikea advert... Awesome. I would frankly spend more time in the garden - any garden - if I got to fight off attacking gnomes while I did so.

3) "What's the fastest way from A to B? As the crow flies, they say. Well, a crow actually only flies at around 35 miles per hour..." No! No! No! It's distance not speed - distance! This advert comes on the radio all the time and I am now at the point of screaming at the radio when it does so. "As the crow flies from A to B" is the fastest distance from A to B because it's the straightest, and has nothing to do with how fast a crow can fly. Aaargh! Thank yo very much, Virgin Trains.

4) The Renault Megane Dynamique. Radio advert. Can't quite bring themselves to pronounce "dynamique" properly Frenchly (that would be "dee-na-meek") but seem to think that pronouncing it properly Britishly (that would be "die-na-mick") would also be bad. Their solution? Half and half. "Die-na-meek". Aaaaaaargh! No, no, no!! *gasp* One or the other, not both, people! Not. Both!

And that's our round up for the day of the highlights of the advertising industry. No idea what random thing I'll rant about tomorrow - the excitement is quite gripping, eh?!

:o)

Yesterday's stats
Pilates - 35 mins, DVD1


Today's stats
Walking - 22 mins, 1.3 miles
Walking - 22 mins, 1.34 miles
Walking - 22 mins, 1.36 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment