Thursday, 11 April 2013

97. Bits and bobs

Not entirely sure what to write today... Apart from snoozing and reading, I don't appear to have done much... Which will be a problem, as the weekend is a manic list of things to do, and next week is chock-full of other things to do, and next weekend is also already full... I'm tired just looking at my calendar, never mind trying to actually do all the things in it!

Completed my 5x50 distance daily distance by walking (am already at 81km, when the minimum target for the end of week 2 is 75km! Yay!). All very good - although I am slightly worried that my miles are going up and up at a time when I should be relaxing a bit in preparation for Sunday's half-marathon. Although, since I've done no actual running for a couple of weeks I guess I'm not that worried...

The RideLondon people are sending out weekly e-mails about preparing for the big day. Which I am sure they consider to be helpful. But since none of them say anything actually helpful (like, this is how to get your bike to the start line) I just find them slightly worrying. Particularly the ones focusing on bike maintenance...

I got a book on cycling out of the library - everything start with research - which had a very useful-sounding title. Something about being the perfect companion for the long-distance cyclist. Hmmm. Perhaps it is - if said long-distance cyclist is a frustrated (or even actual) engineer and mostly wants to be able to build a bike on which they can cycle long distances. A key sign that this was not the book for me? An entire chapter on gears which did not explain what they're for and how to use them (e.g. when going up hill choose a higher/lower gear) but did detail at length gearing ratios (both in inches and, erm, not) including a comparison between old-style ratios and the new style.

Book has now been returned to library. Others have been borrowed; but I've not had the nerve to open one yet...

:o)

Today's stats
Walking - 39 mins, 2.5 miles
Walking - 40 mins, 2.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment