Thursday, 4 April 2013

92. Ah, the memories...

The lovely spring sunshine that we had all day today nearly inspired me out for a run... But I'm not entirely convinced that that would be wise, and so headed to the gym to do some almost-running on the cross-trainer. Just like old times...

And, indeed, The Terminator was in the gym - there when I arrived, there when I left - cross-training away. On, and on, and on. We very nearly made eye contact too, as he kept looking over every time I launched into one of my hacking coughs. Sadly (?), the eye-watering and hunching that comes post coughing meant that that did not happen... I do wonder what it is he's training for with the endless cross-training - I mean, he doesn't use the arms and so he's just endlessly working his legs. It's running without impact: that's fine, but even I have to admit I'd want some variety by now; a little bit of cycling or rowing, perchance. But that's why he's The Terminator - he just doesn't stop...

Speaking of legs, I have to say that I appear to be developing legs worthy of a footballer. Not quite the look I was going for.... But, still, this could be my route to fame and fortune! At last! Apart from the age issues, and the lack of hand/foot-eye coordination, it's an obvious way forward. I mean, I could just wait for the big lottery win, but it does appear that my finding fame and fortune as a footballer is a statistically more likely way forward. Bless my little footballer's legs!

In other news, I chased a seagull out of my garden tonight. When I say garden, you should know that even the estate agents selling the house referred to it as "private outside space", and so you know that it's small. It's basically a strip of land between the back of my house and the (high) cemetery wall "next door". But it's mine, and terribly low-maintenance, as gardens go, and so I like it. I like it even more when it's not strewn with rubbish and invaded by a seagull. There is only one entrance to said garden (you know if you can't FLY): I entered the garden by this gate, but then had to circle round the garden to force the waddling bird out. Which, given the size of the garden takes some doing. Still, 'tis done. Garden is tidy, seagull has been evicted (he's still wandering around outside - not sure what's wrong with him but if it's indigestion he deserves it!), and all is right again in the blessed outside space.

:o)

Today's stats
Cross-trainer - 35 mins, 5 miles [Level 5]

No comments:

Post a Comment