I was supposed to be off running a half-marathon today.... But that was, quite literally, rained off (if you were me, anyway).
So I dragged myself to the gym and cycled for Britain. Which was quite boring - must try and drag Aggie out of the house at some point and get some outside miles under my belt. Incidentally, I've nearly completed in 2 weeks as many kilometres as would be expected in 3 weeks under the 5x50 challenge... Trying to convince myself that this does not mean that I can now take a week off... Must keep going...
Active training for Challenge 5 is scheduled to start in a couple of weeks - when it becomes all about the cycling, and, you never know, the odd run might be a nice change of pace... - and there are a number of things that need sorted before then.
I particular, I need to buy lots of kit, apparently. New bike, new helmet, new shoes (not that I currently have cycling shoes), undoubtedly new things I've never before thought of buying... Cycling would appear to be quite a bit pricier than running - hard as that is to imagine - when it comes to be properly kitted out.
And once I have the kit, I need to do some training sportives. And I also need to work out how to get my bike there in the first place...
Going to be a logistical challenge, Challenge 5, over and above the, you know, challenge. I'm not quite at the point of fondly remembering how "easy" it was to train for the marathon, but that day may yet come... Possibly... Well, it could happen!
;oD
Today's stats
Cycling - 35 mins, 7 miles [Level 5]
No comments:
Post a Comment