Monday, 22 April 2013

102. Fire in the hole

Today, I was Prometheus. Today, I brought fire to the lowly humans and bettered their lives for years to come.

Or, at least, that's what it feels like. And I admit, up front, that that might be a little dramatically over-the-top. But we all have our little failings.

Anyway, I said to the lowly humans, "Behold! I have made you cakes! Quail before their awesomeness! Not only do they look good, but scientific taste tests (sample size = 1) have empirically proved that they taste damn fine too! Behold, and be amazed!"

Yep, I did some baking today - a test run for "The Great Cake Sale" which I seem to have organised for this week at work on behalf of charity. Thought it best if I gave baking a bit of an early test since it's something that I've not done for years and I don't want to you know, kill anyone.

I had, as you can probably tell, a lot of fun. And it all worked, which is something of a miracle. I have now decided that I am a gifted baker (as long as the recipe is in front of me and simple - can't goo too wrong with fairy cakes and chocolate sponge...). In fact, if it were not for one small problem, this would now be my hobby and I would happily spend time daily baking cakes. Having fun int he kitchen - a first!

The small problem? Someone has to eat the baking thus produced. And on past form, this would mean that I would be twice as happy and twice as wide in very, very short order. For I have a dark confession, dear reader: I not only like cake, I like stale cake. Yes, it's true, cake would appear to be my kryptonite.

So the search of a hobby goes on. But expect a lot more cake sale reports in the future...

:o)

Today's stats
Cycling (in gym) - 39 mins, 8 miles [Level 5]
Walking - 22 mins, 1.35 miles [quick supermarket trip]
Walking - 21 mins, 1.34 miles [and another quick trip to the supermarket...]

No comments:

Post a Comment