Thursday, 18 April 2013

100. Seriously spring

Now that spring seems to have officially sprung (days are at least longer, and it's warmer and sunnier... If significantly windier!), people appear to be taking the gym more seriously. Walked in tonight to find that the gym was full of men, taking their training very seriously (bike to treadmill to cross-trainer to weights. Grrr!!). I wandered to the bike, trying to keep my usual low profile (nothing to see here, move along).

One of the strange sights that I was treated to tonight was one of the Serious Blokes sitting on the bike in front of the TV. Watching the Kardashians. And pedalling furiously. Really, quite disturbing on many levels.

He did top this, though, by finishing his cycle, walking across the gym, and prostrating himself at my feet. Now, I have no objection to per se to finding myself in the position of having people grovelling at my feet (technically, I think that he may have been doing push-ups in front of the mirror, but let's not quibble). However, it is somewhat disconcerting to look down as one is cycling to see a man lying full-length along the floor at your feet. Not that he stayed there - no, it was push-ups, then watching himself lifting weights, then various other activities where it was apparently vital for him to watch his progress in the mirror. Most distracting.

Of course, in my own small way I gave him something equally interesting to look at with my new look -  the one and three quarters trousers. Yes, indeedy, while cycling one of my trouser legs (and it's always only one) starts making a break for knee-length, leaving me with one leg covered to the ankle and the other only covered to mid-calf by the end of my mileage. And this is why I make no effort to look good in the gym - when even my own clothes will betray me there really is no point.

*sigh*

:o)

Today's stats
Cycling - 34 mins, 7 miles [Level 5]

Monday's stats
Walking - 39 mins, 2.5 miles [to McDonalds!] 
Walking - 18 mins, 1.16 miles [back from McDonalds, free ice cream sundae in hand!]

No comments:

Post a Comment