Saturday, 4 May 2013

107. An on-going education

It's been a rather educational week all told. Things I've learned include:

1) I know a surprising number of people who know an awful lot about bikes... And who are willing to spend about as much on a bike as I am on a small car...

2) Apparently, it is considered quite mad to sign up for things (like, I don't know, marathons, bike races, etc) that you are not already capable of doing (including already having all the necessary kit). Who knew?!

3) I'm not a morning person (this isn't the thing I learned this week). Therefore, it's probably not a good idea to try to do anything complicated in the morning. Like try to make buttercream topping for cakes. Because this seems to lead to covering myself, the kitchen counters and the kitchen floor in a generous coating of icing sugar...

4) Having a kitchen coated in icing sugar can be quite motivational. For example, kitchen covered in icing sugar? Ah, well, nothing I can do about that now, must get to work. And, kitchen covered in icing sugar? Ah, well, nothing I can do about that now, I've got to get to the gym!

5) Trying out new chocolates as an excuse to eat chocolate is a plan with potential. But fraught with risk... Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations, for example. The Cookie Nut Crunch is quite edible and not at all offensive. The Jelly Popping Candy Shells? Uhhh... It's a bar of Dairy Milk chocolate, with jelly pieces in it (which is strange) and every so often some fizzy popping candy too (which is disturbing). Strange and disturbing is probably not what they were looking for, but I assure you that's what they've marvellously created...

Another exciting week of educational experiences stretches before me... Can't wait!

;oD

Today's stats
Cycling (in gym) - 49 mins, 10 miles [Level 5]

Thursday's stats
Walking - 21 mins, 1.28 miles [Quick trip to the supermarket and back... I seem to do that rather a lot...!]

No comments:

Post a Comment