Woke up on Sunday morning and thought "oooh, did a lot of exercise yesterday!". And promptly took the day off (apart from a bit of walking). Followed by a Monday and a Tuesday off (just for fun, really).
In my defence, Sunday was the first time in my life that I have actually felt every muscle in my leg working as they, well, worked. I'm not sure whether this means that I am closing in on normality (although I doubt it) or if this was a sign (as I decided to take it) that I might need a bit of time off so as to not risk damaging said muscles. It was vaguely interesting for a bit (ooh, I'm using my glutes now. And my quads now. And there go the calf muscles!) but the novelty soon wore off. It is actually very distracting to be aware of all your muscles as the individually go to work. Normally, I just bimble along, thinking random thoughts: on Sunday, I bimbled along being bombarded with "glutes! Quads! Glutes!" running through my mind. It's a bit like being aware of the process of breathing, rather than just doing it. I hope that it's not a new feature of my happy life...
Anyway, all of this relaxation did not really affect the 5x50 final total - final day of the 5x50 was Sunday 19th May. My final total this year was 331km, up from 252km last year. Woo-hoo! Still failed on the basic premise (do 5km per day), but the random training plans weren't really conducive to that (they're really bid on having rest days)... Gives me something to aim for next year! *sigh*
In baking news, I still have no hand-mixer and so have been trying out recipes which do not involve creaming sugar and butter at any point. So far I've tried rock cakes and lemon and sultana muffins (OK, they should have been lemon and blueberry, but for some reason I didn't have any blueberries to hand...). These appeared to work out well enough (although the muffins were really heavy -quite dense, your average muffin, it appears). I do have to be careful with the baking, as it remains an issue that I am eating quite a lot of what I bake (for quality control purposes and so forth, of course). Although in the vast majority of cases that fact simply inspires me to bake more and not less...
;oD
Sunday's stats
Walking - 33 mins, 2.15 [off to the bike shop and back]
Walking - 21 mins, 1.27 miles [Supermarket sweep...]
Today's stats
Cycling (in gym) - 1 hour, 13.3 miles [Level 5]
No comments:
Post a Comment