Cleared my diary of running yesterday - woo-hoo!
Sadly, my thighs are once again feeling the strain (last time this happened, I had a nice post-marathon 3-week break from training... Bliss!). And I don't have time for this, as the cycling training needs to get a move on this week... So they'll have to get over themselves and ready to cycle pdq.
Need to actually get some long rides in - as that would be the bit of the training plan that has been most lacking to date. But, hey, Boris has arrived and so this shouldn't be a problem now, should it? And if it rains... I even have waterproof trousers for cycling in! The joy! The happiness of being prepared!
*sigh*
Am slightly worried about the lack of cross-training in the cycling training plan - it's all about the cycling - as I'm already walking about with a stiff back and hunched over in an "I'm-sitting-on-a-bike" style more than I'd like.... And so I'm going to have to add that in... Which means I'm going to be doing little in the next few weeks (months!) other than working and training.
To prepare myself for all this wonderful activity, I have spent the day lounging about eating chocolate and laughing at the pictures of me "running" the half-marathon.
Tomorrow, tomorrow I shall return to the plan and begin my devotion to cycling.
If Boris feels like it, that is...
;oD
Today's stats
Walking - 1 hr 19 mins, 3.01 miles [to town and about]
Walking - 36 mins, 1.82 miles [home again more directly]
No comments:
Post a Comment