Well. Just when you think that it's safe to step back in the kitchen... Your hand mixer stops working. Huh.
I tried turning it off and on again (well, off and not-on again, anyway) but it's not a computer and so that didn't work. Which has rather put a crimp in the cake-making shenanigans (I'm not creaming butter and sugar by hand - been there, done that, it wasn't fun). It might have been time for a break, though: I was at the point of making cake just for me (I had eggs to use up. As you do.). After lots of fairly easy cake-making fun, this cake (just for me, stirred together by hand) refused to exit the cake tins once cooked. Which is a bit of a cake fail, really... It was quite tasty (and perfectly edible straight from the cake tin, as it happens), but perhaps it's time for a short break from the baking.
All of which leaves me without a creative outlet. Bit dangerous that. I'll start dramatically re-designing things around the house any minute now. Possibly in preparation for the house-cleaning which is going to happen any day now...
Other than that, I am now in week 1 of the Challenge 5 training plan.. Kind of. Tonight's hour-long session should have been Wednesday's training fun. Tuesday's training fun is unlikely to happen (1-hour cycle in the morning? Hmmm... Getting up extra early - my favourite thing!). Today's scheduled training fun (1 morning and 1 evening training session) might happen tomorrow. Depending on whether it rains and the strictures of the half-marathon training plan which I am also supposed to be following...
I need more days in the week, I think. More hours in the day wouldn't help - that would just give me more time to fit in some sleep!
:o)
Today's stats
Cycling (in gym) - 1 hour, 12.2 miles [Level 5]
No comments:
Post a Comment