Wednesday, 5 June 2013

117. Well, there you go

So when I said "serious training" and "starts here" I obviously meant "no training at all" and "begins now". Wasn't that clear?

Boris and I are having a few relationship difficulties. He is brooding in the hall, unhappy at his confinement. I am lurking in the sitting room, quite intimidated by the whole grown-up bike concept. Not very mature, but when one is naturally inclined to avoidance as a strategy for managing conflict then this is what happens...

However, it is now 8 weeks until the ludicrousness that is the RideLondon-Surrey 100... And I doubt that I'll get through 100 miles cycling without doing some training. On an actual bike. Abject terror is now my close, personal friend.

In preparation for actually taking Boris back out of the house (yes, this does require preparation, maps, and careful timing too) I have been stocking up on cycling kit (advice from all: invest in decent cycling shorts). Although, it does have to be said, I see no reason to actually humiliate myself with cycling shorts at this early stage - it is still cool enough morning and evening to get away with full-length cycling tights. Unusually, I'm going to have to go with the sentiment that the more lycra the happier I am...
Never let it be said that I don't try to look the part - if all else fails, at least look like you know what you're doing. Despite all evidence to the contrary...

(@_@)

Today's stats
Walking - 23 mins, 1.39 miles [thank God for the library or I might never leave the house!]

No comments:

Post a Comment