So....
Full-scale panic now re training for the RideLondon tosh. Am behind in the training. And not following any of the revised plans to get me back on track. And time keeps marching on...
So tomorrow it is time. Time to cycle to work and back. Even thought the council's "cycle-path works" have over-run and there is still a 3km diversion in place on my route to work (no, really, scenic tour of the country en route to work in order to... Improve the cycle path). I will be bold. I will be brave. I will cross my fingers and pray that I will eventually get to work (how hard can it be?) at worst. OK, it'll take me 3 times longer than driving there... But so much better for me.
Boris is looking forward to it. In his own way.
Gears still elude me. I did have a masterclass last week - which made sense at the time - but didn't seem to work in practise on tonight's ride. Not sure why (might have broken them already - perfectly possible). Sadly, the way to know which gear you're in appears to be to loo (down and back) at the actual gears (cogs and sprockets and all). I've given it a try, but it's a bit dangerous (if I'm looking down and back, no one really knows where Boris is going) and, well, my leg's in the way and so I can't actually see what I'm looking at.
Still, I'll keep giving it a try in the (probably vain) hope that it will all become clear eventually...
Oh, and note to those sharing the cyclepaths with me: you don't need to be right beside the person you're walking with. You NEED to avoid the bike coming straight towards you at speed. So when you're stepping to one side out of the way of the bike, please do try to do that only once. Step one way, realise you've stepped away from your friend, and then step back the other way - recipe for quite a painful disaster. This should be obvious, but apparently not... I'm not stopping on a dime here, people!!
:o}
Wednesday's stats
Walking - 32 mins, 1.68 miles [walk instead of run due to shoe disaster]
Today's stats
Walking - 23 mins, 1.34 miles [library and back again... No, no idea why the distance is different!]
Cycling (outside!) - 1 hr 14 mins, 13.48 miles [trying out the route for tomorrow -nearly didn't get lost!]
No comments:
Post a Comment