Tuesday, 18 June 2013

120. The Adventures of Boris, Day 3

Well, now. That was just over a week of sloth and general lack of training... Just as well I'm not working against the clock here to get to a certain level of fitness for a particular event...

Boris and I went out today for another tour of the cycle paths (and I do mean "tour" - a sense of direction is a valuable thing...) this evening. This was something of a relief for us both, as he's been brooding in the hall for a week, and I've been very close to hiding in the kitchen with Aggie ("Don't go outside - it's scary!"). Although that wouldn't be all bad - there's rum in that thar kitchen!

I'm sure that I'll suffer tomorrow, but I don't currently appear to be any worse at the old cycling lark. No better (bit of a worry), but at least not worse. It would help if I didn't keep having to stop, turn around and try to take the right turn repeatedly, but there you go.

I don't think that I learned anything new tonight - but on a positive note, I can nearly get foot 2 into the toe clip thingy without swerving wildly all over the road (and/or falling off). Nearly. It's still taking me several minutes, but at some point in the next few weeks I may well be able to get on the bike and look like I know what I'm doing.

Gears remain a mystery, though. I know when I want to go up gears and down gears, but quite what my gears are actually doing and why (I still don't care about the how) is still somewhat vague. I though that I had it sussed last time, but it appears not.

Still, it's good to have goals to aspire to...

;o)

Yesterday's stats
Walking - 23 mins, 1.45 miles [library and back...]

Today's stats
Walking -  21 mins, 1.43 miles [library and back again... No, no idea why the distance is different!]
Cycling (outside!) - 1 hr 8 mins, 13.18 miles [to there! And back again! With detours...]

No comments:

Post a Comment