Thursday, 2 August 2012

20. Road Cycling

Having a rest day today, as it's somewhat tricky to fit in exercise around all the Olympics-watching couch-surfing...

Also continuing in my challenge to actually buy Olympics tickets... It takes a long time (15 mins plus) for them to tell you that there aren't any.... Hey, ho... And you can't move away from the screen (I've discovered) because after eternity for them to find the tickets for you, you then only have 2 minutes (timed!) in which to buy the blooming things!!!!

But finally - success! I sneer in the face of the Olympics: the Paralympics is where it's at!! On current plans, I'm off in September to Goalball at the Copper Box, Swimming in the Aquatic Centre, Athletics in the Olympic Stadium and the Orbit. Now just need to book the leave and travel! (*ahem*)

The only other big news for today is that my coursebook has arrived. The course? "Exercise and Fitness Knowledge". No longer will I be bamboozled by people shouting at me the names of random muscles that I've never heard of! Soon I shall be able to identify the muscles that I don't have in great and intricate detail! At least, that's the theory... Having quickly flicked through the coursebook, it's looking a bit scary... Might come back to that in a bit...

Other than that, have put out a call for ideas for Challenge 3 - have a small list now (more suggestions are welcome - nice ones, anyway. I shall ruthlessly ignore anything I don't like the sound of!). In a bit I'll turn the list into a vote and then open the decision up to the "public". Although I'll warn you now, I reserve the right to rig, or just plain ignore, the vote if it goes in a direction I don't like! Still, I'm all about the interactive, and it might be fun...

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment