My new computer has a touch screen (which is cool). But I mostly don't use that - have got into the bad habit of sitting back on the sofa and typing on the wireless keyboard on my lap (um, like now). Anyway, the other day I was typing away and a fly started to investigate the computer screen. It was a little thing, and every time it touched the screen there was a ripple, like the effect of a stone hitting a puddle. This was quite cute, I thought, although a little distracting. Until the stupid little thing managed to hit the screen at just the right place and started surfing the net. Suddenly the fly and I were in a desperate battle for control of the computer. I eventually won - without turning it into a battle to the death, despite the temptation - but it was a ridiculously close-run thing....
The Olympics continues, and I slide ever deeper into addiction... Not that this is unusual, but the irony of how much sport I'm watching versus how much training I'm managing is becoming painful... Didn't do my 7 mile run today (or indeed the original plan of 11 miles). Too tired.... Didn't do Bodypump (slept in!) or Bodybalance (uh.... Too tired) yesterday - did manage to eat lots of crisps and popcorn while watching the Olympics though.... Hmmm...
Might be able to continue watching the Olympics if I (a) eat less) and (b) exercise more... We shall see what tomorrow brings....
Points to ponder:
1) why can Mark Cavendish not explain cycling?
2) would it be worth taking up rowing just to have Sir Steve carry you about for a while post-race?
3) what is the best nickname that the media have come up with for an athlete at the Games? I'm personally liking "Big Bad Ben" (alliteration and good rhythm, not to mention mmm, Ben!)...
4) if you were a pundit who would you be? My vote has always been "Michael Johnson" (he's just, you know, a golden-shoed God), but at this Games, Ian Thorpe has also been special (and not just because he could have given tents lessons).
5) if you were a commentator, who would you be? I'm still with "Andy and Ade" from the pool - they're a lot more knowledgeable and a lot less po-faced than most others...
;oD
No comments:
Post a Comment