Monday, 6 August 2012

24. Swimming

Global warming seems to have brought us tropical weather conditions. Today, warm and sunny. No light rain. No, warm and sunny. No, massive thunder storm and torrential rain. Make up your mind already!!

Spent some time trying to work under the rolling thunder storm. Decided to leave work when it looked likely that an ark would soon be required to go anywhere.... If we're choosing animals to line up 2 by 2 for rescue, I vote for slugs being left behind - possibly snails too. A snail mistook my car for a nice wet place to slime earlier - it found itself cruelly attacked from above and slid back off onto the ground. Hard. Take that, slimy plant-destroyer!!

All of this electric tension brought on a headache. Yes, I'm feeble-minded before thunderstorms. Also, generally not feeling that well (which I'm trying to ignore in the hope that it will go away). anyway, had to take some painkillers and have a lie down when I got home, which meant that I was a no-show at Zumba tonight. It's all a bit up-and-down, this training lark... Must try and actually do some running soon, at the very least to check whether I have actually managed to maintain some sort of level of fitness... Don't think all this sofa-sitting and TV-watching will have helped - but it's not like I can ignore the Olympics. That would just be wrong...

Have been lent "Thirteen" by Kelley Armstrong and am now devouring that (when not training / working / sleeping)... Not sure when I'm going to fit in the housework necessary before the weekend... But I'm sure that I'll find a spare day somewhere this week...

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment