Tuesday, 31 July 2012

19. Equestrian

The hunt for tickets continues...

After a traumatic session last night trying to get tickets for the standard Olympics (20 minutes wait to be told there were no tickets available - gah!), I have once again reverted to thinking that the Paralympics is the answer. Not least as this removes the temptation to pay £300 and up for a ticket (which I don't have, but that's why God invented credit cards... Erm, I mean, but nonetheless this is NOT why God invented credit cards...).

Plan is going badly already as no sooner had I decided on a vague plan (dates, venues, etc) than the Sheriff Court called upon me to be a witness at pretty much the same time. I'm assuming that this is my burglar having his day in court (it's not really clear, but I don't spend that much time dealing with criminals... Honest!). And the tickets for my preferred dates appear to have gone overnight anyway...

New plan is in production - you never know, I may actually buy some tickets at some point in the near future... Or I may just continue to enjoy the excuse to sit in front of the TV for hours on end. Although it does lead to some alarming experiences: suddenly realised that I was watching the GB women playing football earlier this evening - had to run away and find something else to do at that point. I wish them well, but having been denied all opportunity to play football as a child ("Gregory's Girl" being very much the exception and not the rule) I object to women's football on principle. Plus, there were highlight of the men's swimming elsewhere...

Speaking of events I don't watch. Hockey. Not a fan. But I feel that it's worth highlighting a small round-up which the BBC provided earlier today: "... it's another injury scare for GB women in the hockey after Alex Danson rolls her left ankle. GB have already seen captain Kate Walsh break her jaw, while Danson was a doubt for the Games because of a shoulder injury. She is currently being carried off on a stretcher..." Blimey! That all sounds a bit more dangerous than I was expecting! They'll be getting hazard pay soon (or maybe they do already?)! Let that be a lessons to you - women with large sticks = dangerous always.

;oD

Latest stats:
TBT - 1 hour

1 comment:

  1. She has had a plate put in her broken jaw but is still considering playing on, they don't get paid by the way.

    "Walsh left the field of play and was immediately taken to hospital for assessment. This morning she successfully underwent a surgical operation to stabilise the fracture with a plate. Her recovery from the operation will be monitored and her ongoing participation in the Olympic Games will be reviewed following her return to the athletes’ village.

    The injury itself is not expected to prevent Walsh from playing hockey. Her continued participation is dependent on her recovery from the surgery and this will be assessed on an ongoing basis over the coming days."

    CE

    ReplyDelete