Sunday, 29 July 2012

17. Artistic Gymnastics

And so it begins...

Didn't manage to watch much of the Olympics today - was busy, busy, busy. Hair-cut at ridiculous early hour (9.15am - what, that's ridiculously early to me!), pay cheques in at bank, visit library to return/pick up book, and then to the gym. Although the library visit was a little redundant as the latest Ilona Andrews book has arrived and so I am buried in that.

Today was Body Balance, my nice relaxing stretching and Zen-like focus on relaxation. Except someone forgot to tell the instructor that - Body Balance has become hard! Was definitely much harder than previously - not that this is a bad thing, but it was a bit of a shock (although that might have been the fault of the 9.15am hair-cut!).

Then on to the my brother's traditional birthday barbecue. That is correct, people, today we had some nice, refreshing torrential rain. Although I remain disappointed that the forecast thunderstorms and hail failed to appear... Still, hopefully those getting married today managed to take advantage of the not-forecast regular warm sunny spells. Ah, July, such a summery month...

Trying to catch some quality Games highlights, but everything is women - women playing football, women swimming... I am happy for them, but really, there was some quality men's swimming today and those are the highlights that I want. Now!

In other news, my recent foray into gambling (have actually bought lottery tickets) has resulted in... Absolutely nothing. Nada. Zip. It is good to know that in this year of hopeful enthusiasm my good luck remains elusive to the point of non-existence... Am considering investigating the option of making sacrifices to benevolent gods to see if that changes anything - next ticket is for Friday's draw and so I have time to do some proper research first. Don't want to rush into these things...

:o)

Latest stats:
Bodybalance - 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment