Tuesday, 30 October 2012

58. Damp squibs

And so, the 5x50 challenge ended... On Sunday... With more of a squeak than a roar, as it turns out...

I went for a walk to the library and back on Saturday (taking me to the grand total of 252km logged since 9th September - 2km over the 250km minimum required!). Fully intending to go to the gym on Sunday and put in some more miles, it being the last day and all...

Wandered to the gym (eventually) at around 9pm on Sunday only to find my way barred, my entry denied, my gym-time cut short before it could begin! After much pushing and pulling of the door (I do like to check that it's not just me), I accepted defeat: no exercise for me on Sunday. Darn...

My 5x50 was over somewhat earlier than planned... The argumentative amongst you might point out that I could still have done a 5km run (party poopers!) but I took this as a sign from God. My way was barred - this is the Good Lord telling me to go home, sit down... And eat ice cream. He was actually quite firm on the eating of ice cream part - go figure?!

Of course, later (much, much later) it occurred to me that maybe the time lock on the gym door had not been re-set to take account of  the clocks going forward... And that my way was barred due to the gym thinking that it was 10pm and thus shut, rather than 9pm and still open... But I like the "sign from God" scenario better and so that's what I'm sticking to!

Soooo, Challenge 3 finished. Challenge 4 undecided. The nights have drawn in, the days are suddenly ridiculously short, and it's cold, cold, cold.... From whence will come the motivation to continue with the endless exercise regime?

Oh, yes - beach soon. *sigh* Must stop eating ice cream...

:o)

Saturday's stats:
Walking - 23 mins, 1.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment