The idea of the 5x50 Challenge is that you do 5km per day. Which really shouldn't be that hard - relatively speaking, 3.1 miles (= 5km) is not that far....
Here we are, just over half way through (day 26 of 50!) and I seem unable to actually do the daily thing. Which leads to ridiculous catch-up efforts (9 miles today!) which makes everything harder... Plus it also undermines the potential benefits - apparently if you do something for 19 days straight then you form a habit. In this case, supposedly a good habit (regular exercise! Yay! Hmmm...). We'll see if I can at least achieve 19 days straight doing 5km in the coming weeks (since I've resolutely failed so far.
Other than that, it was as well that I was in the gym tonight as the first thing that I did when I got home was kick off my shoes, and then stand on one and fall over it. Not something that you could so if you tried, but managed to really hurt the arch of my foot as I did so (I'm hearing disbelief - no, really, it hurts!). Hopefully it will be all better by this Sunday's 10km jaunt (again, hearing disbelief - I fell over/onto a shoe, alright? It hurts!!).
Have to try to fit in some more miles tomorrow to try to give myself a bit of a rest on Saturday before the silliness that is "running" 10km...
:o)
Today's stats:
Cycling (in gym) - 47 mins, 9 miles
No comments:
Post a Comment