Saturday, 27 October 2012

57. The big chill

Well, now that the nights have drawn in, and the days are short and dark... It's time for the temperature drops. And, Lordy, how they've dropped! I'm cooooooold!

I meant to go for a run tonight, but it was all just too cold. I have cold-weather gear, but convinced myself I couldn't find it, and so again retired to the gym. Ho, hum, more miles slogged through, tick, tick, tick.

The 5x50 challenge finishes this Sunday (ruining, ruining I say, the gift that is the clocks going back). 5x50 = 250 (no, really?!) and my little log of progress tells me that I've already done 249km... So, the question is, after I walk around the place tomorrow (quickly, of course), will I actually both to slog my way through 5km on Sunday? Hmmmm? Place your bets now, please, ladies and gentlemen...

Other than that, I am trying to keep at the forefront of my mind that this weekend I start preparing for Christmas. Yes, Christmas. November and December are strangely short and manic, and so I must prepare now or make my life an unnecessarily complicated nightmare for the next 2 months...

Of course, statistically, it is far more probable that I will spend the next few days curled up in bed (where it's warm!) reading...

What will happen next?! The excitement is very nearly tangible...

;oD

Today's stats:
Cross-trainer - 31 mins, 4 miles [Level 6]

No comments:

Post a Comment