Today I had to force myself to eat cake and drink tea. Not only that, but I had to encourage many others to do so, whilst exhorting them to pay for the privilege.
And why was this obscene cake-athon taking place? For charity, you know...
The terrible, terrible things that I have to do to raise money for good causes... It's a bit sad, really... *sigh*
Sadly, the downside to all this hard charity work is that it forces me to spend even more time in the gym... Which is good - because, for another charity, I have to be fit enough to run 10k on Sunday - but at the same time a little socially limiting.
For example, my Friday evening this week consisted of:
- leave work, drive to supermarket, shop, drive to garage;
- blow up car's tyres (really should get that slow puncture fixed...), put petrol in car, drive home;
- get changed, go to the gym, go home, stretch;
- collapse on sofa with some pasta.... And then (aaargh!) some ice cream...
There's a vicious cycle going on there - I no sooner burn off some calories than I am embracing some new ones... Hmmm... Must contemplate this over the nice glass of wine that I'm off to pour for myself...
;oD
Today's stats:
Cross-trainer - 30 mins, 4 miles
No comments:
Post a Comment