Some years ago, I found myself standing in Stansted trying to get on an Easyjet flight to Glasgow which was actually flying from Luton. Which confused myself and the check-in girl no end....
Lesson I learned from that - always double-check the airports on the Easyjet flight booking.
Really, that should just have been "double-check the booking that you've actually made with Easyjet". Rather than the one that you were trying to make, and indeed thought that you had made...
If I'd learned that lesson then I would not have found myself again standing before a confused Easyjet check-in girl trying to board a flight which actually left the night before... Ooops... I was mentally flogging myself over being so stupid when she told me that I was the second person that evening who had turned up on Friday having booked a flight for Thursday.... Well at least I had company... As I was standing at the check-in desk trying to decide the best way forward, a man turned up to check-in for the same flight... Only to discover that he too had apparently booked the Thursday night flight instead!
At this point, I started to suspect an Easyjet conspiracy, with their online booking system being deeply complicit in booking you on to wrong flights so that they could at least get another £35 out of you to change it later.... Not helped by the fact that you have to confirm your flight details multiple times between adverts for things you don't want (the flight confirmation is 90% adverts for other stuff and 10% actual flight details)....
Lesson identified? Watch the Easyjet flight booking process very, very carefully...
Or, alternatively, actually read your booking confirmation rather than printing it out and quickly moving on to other stuff!
:o)
Today's stats:
Walking - 36 mins, 2.11 miles
Walking - 19 mins, 1.2 miles
Walking - 17 mins, 1 mile
No comments:
Post a Comment