Saturday, 29 September 2012

45. Mis-selling

Bodybalance is a class made up of a mix of yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates. It's supposed to build flexibility and strength, and leave one centred and calm.

Sounds soothing, fluffy, gentle and not very stressful, eh?

Phwah! No one has told them that, obviously. 10 minutes into today's class and I was gasping for breath and desperate for it all to end. And it doesn't involve any jumping around - it is all stretches and floor exercises... Just very, very hard ones! Ignoring the impossibility of Bird Pose (seriously, never going to happen!), today was the introduction of the new class (they change every 6 weeks or so) and it's just nasty. I fully expect not to be able to move my abs tomorrow morning - so, particularly good class today the day before a run... *sigh*

It's a bit like massages - they sound like nice relaxing things to do... And then you get there and the pain is quite indescribably unexpected.... Even though I have now had 3 massages (yes, I am counting, and yes, they were that memorable. The pain, the pain...!) and should really know better. I mean, OK, you do feel better afterwards, but there's a good few minutes when you're suppressing the urge to deck the person giving you the massage... And you wonder why on earth you're doing this to yourself...

Still, maybe in 6 weeks' time I'll be incredibly flexible and, erm, strong and it will all seem worthwhile...!

:o)

Today's stats:
Bodybalance - 1 hour
Walking - 59 mins, 3.16 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment