Thursday, 24 April 2014

151. The hapless Herbert

Today, for reasons I shan't dwell on, I had to walk around various car parks. Repeatedly. In a very limited window of opportunity. It's nto that this was dull, per se, but I do find it eastier to walk out and back in a big circle rather than round and round until I've made enough miles. It's a bit more... Absolute. Once you're halfway out you might as well follow the route back; whereas whilst doing circles you are ever tempted with the end point passing before you over and over again. Annyway, not the most fun i've ever had, but still a tick on a tricky day.

Interesting things were noted, however.I mean it wasn;t all rotating cars. For example, if you've noted the sudden trend to identify pavements by painting a, well, representation of a walking person on them? In white? Mostly resembling a two-year-old's drawing of a stick man rather than an actual walking person? Anyway, the car parks were littered with such poor stepped-upon people. I believe that we shall name them "Herbert" (and why not?) and quietly pity them without doing anything to relieve their pain... Anyway, my point is, based on extensive study made today, I have ground-breaking news for you.

Herbert comes in more than one form! There is the classic - 2 straight arms, 2 straight legs, resembles a crime scene chalk outline more than a walking person. And, AND... There is the "action" variant - one straight leg, one leg bent at the knee, 2 bent arms, definite forward motion happening. Herbert comes in both classic and action variants!! The excitement nearly killed me this morning, I can tell you! 

Well, yes, OK, I was a little bored this morning. But still - am now intrigued by the Herbert variants and shall be keeping an eye out for more (rather than just stomping him into the ground at pace as I usually do... Oh, the shame!).

(^_-)

Today's stats
Walking - 57 mins, 3.18 miles [not at all assisted by lugging around a hefty backpack]

No comments:

Post a Comment