Well, yes, OK, it's Saturday, but I did mean to write something on Friday and the title was too good to pass up... Such re-interpretation of reality is the prerogative of a writer, dontcha know?
So what have I been up to? Well...
On Thursday I woke up tired after baking late into the night, and the first thing that I did was rustle up some butter icing for said cakes... Then put in a full day of work (which included the selling of said cakes - for charity). Returned home even more tired than when I woke up, discovered the downside of making butter icing in a hurry before one has to go to work (i.e. a kitchen in desperate need of house elves, lightly dusted in a film of icing sugar) and promptly left home again to do a 5km walk. Which was more of a zombie shuffle than an actual walk, but I mustn't grumble as it kept me on track with the 5x50 lark.
Friday involved much sleeping, and then (after a lovely day of sunshine which I saw little of) I managed to not get to the gym (bit of a feat that - I had all day) and went for another walk once the sun had set. Over the same route as Thursday. Which had mysteriously shrunk by 0.11 miles overnight - fascinating fact!
Today has been very like Friday (although I've been a bit more awake). Sleep, read, think about doing some housework, go for another sleep instead, read... Although I did manage to drag myself to the gym today which I think shows progress. In some way. Not having to drag myself (which is an interesting feat, involving much flexibility - must start doing Pilates again) would probably be a bigger sign of progress... I'm fairly sure that I've now done enough days that I should have "changed my habits for a lifetime" and now have regular exercise feature in my life as something I enjoy doing. Ah-ha.
I rather sense that, as usual, I shall prove to be a statistical outlier and be the exception that proves that little rule. But, let's not be hasty - there are a whole 30 days to go before the Challenge can be deemed a success or failure... First thing I'm doing it having a day off (probably not really the right attitude, but there you go).
:o)
Today's stats
Cycling (in gym) - 37 mins, 7 miles [Level 5, returning to form]
Friday's stats
Walking - 51 mins, 3.33 miles [mysteriously shorter walk...]
Thursday's stats
Walking - 54 mins, 3.44 miles [Must. Eat. Brains!]
No comments:
Post a Comment