*ahem* Ah, yes, where was I...?
Well, that was a full 7 (count 'em, 7!) months of exercise-free joy. The loafing! The eating! The time well spent lounging on the sofa! And, sadly, the steady increase in body weight...
All come to an end. *sob*
As of Sunday, I'm back on the treadmill (not yet literally) of the 5x50 Challenge. 50 days, 5km (or equivalent) per day - how hard can it be? Well, I guess it's all relative, particularly after 7 months off...
Not wanting to rush into things the first 2 days were spent walking (at pace) around and about. Sadly, the weather has launched into spring with plenty of haar and a sudden drop in temperature, and so I really would be best to confine myself to the gym for the next few days if I'm not to come down with a nice Victorian lung chill type thingy. Given the walking was at night in relatively poor weather, I have little to report beyond bemoaning once more the over-abundance of hills around where I live.
Oh, yes, and for those concerned about such things - I can confirm that Boris is still, sadly, in his box.
:o)
Sunday's stats
Walking - 54 mins, 3.37 miles [Day 1 - back in the, uh, saddle. Ish.]
Monday's stats
Walking - 51 mins, 3.29 miles [Day 2 - tick.]
No comments:
Post a Comment