Thursday, 6 December 2012

62. Bzzzt! Hello? Hello? Anyone there?

Well, it's been a while... But part of that involved toddling off to a series of beaches in the Caribbean for a fortnight of holiday frolicking. Which was very nice... And not entirely lacking in activity - some swimming, lots of walking/hiking... Almost athletic, in fact!

I continued my charitable giving, too, laying on a veritable feast for the mosquitoes. They've never eaten so good, as far as I can tell - gluttony obviously being less of a concern when you're a tiny flying biting thing. Need to research insect repellant - my attractiveness overcame all brands of insect repellant tested to date.

Now that I'm back... It's far too cold for me right now to go outside, I can't currently contemplate wearing less than 5 layers (and so visiting the gym seems to be a bit of a step too far), and the obligatory post-holiday cold is kicking in with a vengeance. So order of the day is sitting in front of the TV enjoying the magic that is a working radiator in the sitting room...

But there is much to be done in the coming weeks. I need to decide on next year's challenge(s), rather than just agonise over them. I need to get back into regular exercise before I no longer need multiple layers of clothing to look like the Michelin Man... Oh, yes, and there's thon Christmas thingy coming up... Might get to all of that after I read the latest Lilith Saintcrow book (literature is important for the soul, you know).

Also need to recover from the shock of going to the supermarket (to replenish the cupboards), forgetting half of the essentials I needed, picking up a few Christmas present items, and managing to spend an entire month's shopping budget in one trip! And I haven't even got the important Christmas presents yet!! AND I'll need to go back in a couple of days to get all the stuff that I forgot!!! Need a drink to recover from the shock - luckily I may be short of food, but I'm rolling in rum at the moment.

Hic!

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment