Saturday, 22 December 2012

65. Kaboom!

"Where's the kaboom?! There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering kaboom!!"
- Wise words from the mighty Marvin the Martian; always cool, calm and collected under pressure, and yet still able to deliver a pithy line or two...

Am fairly sure that there should have been an apocalypse last night (or possibly this morning. Or even this afternoon...). I think that I would have noticed an apocalypse (but with my track record, I can't be 100% sure)... But I appear to still be here, as indeed does the rest of the known world. Hmmm - underwhelming, as apocalypses go, I think...

I discovered today that fudge donoughts come in (at least) 2 different types - cream-filled or custard-filled. I don't know how I've managed to miss this fact before now, but apparently it's widely known... Sadly I was buying said donoughts first thing in the morning, and so it took me several loooong minutes to decide which ones to buy (custard-filled, just in case you were wondering).

As will be obvious from the above, today was a day which involved cake. Last day at work until the new year! Woo-hoo! And so cakes were a must, obviously... Admittedly, there was subterfuge involved in this cake-buying exercise. I don't share worth a damn, and so if I want cakes (which I pretty much always do), and I guy some (note: some), then I'm not for letting others have them. The answer to this? Buy everyone else cakes of their own! End result being I trundled into work today with piles of cakes for everyone else who was working today, just so that I could justify buying myself a bag of sugared ring donoughts.

The shame! Oh, the shame!!

Obviously, the only way to deal with this trauma was to get myself to the gym and work those cakes off sharpish... Sadly, I think that I might have had more cakes than one gym session could handle.

But that's a problem for another day...

;oD

Today's stats:
Cross-trainer - 30 mins, 4 miles [Level 5]

No comments:

Post a Comment