Thursday, 27 December 2012

67. To resolve or not?

Normally I don't make New Year's resolutions - I'm not convinced of the benefit of listing everything that I'm not going to do in the year ahead... I may put together some unofficial resolutions (for comedic effect, if nothing else), but no resolutions for me!

However... I normally have an annual "theme". I can't remember what last year's was supposed to be, but it ended up being "exercise" or more precisely "running". I'm still mulling over what I want next year's theme to be, but there is already an official theme going on whether I like it or not (and of course I like it: thrilled, etc, etc).

And the official theme is going to require much exercise, I fear. Much, much exercise, and planning. Lots and lots and lots of planning... I'm quite fatigued by the whole thing and it's not started yet...!

To that end, today saw the start of the Fake 5x50, an entirely unofficial, not-for-profit and personally challenging attempt to do 5kms-worth of exercise daily for 50 days (or at least 35km per week). Hey, and indeed, ho. Welcome to Challenge 4, people!

By my calculations (which could, it has to be said, be wrong - numbers, not my forte) the Fake 5x50 is due to come to an end on 14th February 2013. Joy. My favourite day of the year just got even better...

(^_^)

Today's stats:
Cross-trainer - 30 mins, 4 miles [Level 5]

No comments:

Post a Comment