As I am now preparing to be supportive in 2 wedding (G&T having joined the Smurf in heading for matrimonial bliss), I have become a lot more focused about this training lark. Or carried away - it's tricky to tell... Anyway, I have decided that it is possible for me to undertake more than one form of exercise in a given day, and so shall proceed accordingly (at least for the next day or so - don't want to over-do things...).
Slightly worried, actually, as my Mother kindly informed me that these things tend to come in 3s: this means that I am now viewing all communications from (single) friends with great suspicion. I am not sure that I can fit in another wedding next year, at least not one that I have to actually do stuff for. I have other things to do, you know - like, well, work, and stuff...
Anyway off to the gym I toddled today, after a few hours of loafing around (hmmm, fairly sure that I should have been tidying or something. Oh, well.). It being a Friday, I expected to be in solitary splendour for my hard miles. And I was initially. But then some girl arrived to dice with Darth (in full running regalia - she's either serious about her running, or very fashion conscious): I decided to ignore her, not hard as she was round the corner from me and thus out of sight. But....
Dear Lord she made a lot of noise running on the treadmill! It was like she was wearing clogs (I checked - she wasn't!) - thump, thump, thump, thump. Which could be clearly heard even over my iPod tunes! Now, I've often been accused of being heavy-footed and so have not much room to comment - but that can't be good for her. Slamming down that much force over and over again - she'll do herself an injury! She was still clog-hopping away when I left the gym, a fact that sadly needed no visual verification. Quite distracting, all told. I shall pray for her knees ('cos, you know, it's Christmas, and all).
:o)
Today's stats:
Cycling (in gym) - 29 mins, 5 miles [Level 5]
Pilates - 35 mins, DVD1
No comments:
Post a Comment