After nearly a week of babying my knees, they seem to have nearly decided to return to normal. Still a little stiff, but no return to agony of Sunday night and so a return to exercise must be at least planned...
Not least as I have been applying the little-known "junk food" recovery method. Which pretty much involves lolling around on the sofa and eating any cakes or high-fat food (mmm, pizza!) that appears before me (as if by magic!). I am convinced that this method was a crucial element in assisting my knees to return to normal (or at least it can't have hurt), but it does rather mean that I've spent one week carefully undoing the work of the previous 7. Meh.
I was supposed to be doing a half-marathon today... But my knees, you know, wouldn't have been a good idea. And then there is the weather aspect - torrential rain all day. Nice running weather, I'm sure, but not for me. And then there's the whole "I didn't do any running training" issue... I mean, really, it just wasn't a good idea. Although, of course, I'm simply devastated not to be taking part. Devastated...
In other news (brace yourselves) - Boris is in the bicycle shop! Yes, that's right, he's no longer cowering in his box in the hall, he is now, um, cowering in his box elsewhere! Even better, he's there to be freed, freed from his soulless prison, and unleashed on the world once more. And all for the terribly reasonable price of about £100. (@_@) Well, it was that or risk a breakdown, and one can't really put a price on one's (mental) health, can one..? (OK, yes, £100, but apart from that...). Anyway, within the next week Boris will be back in one piece and ready to roll!
That's all the news at the moment - off to do some more housework (because I'm supposed to be doing some paid work) - onward!
:o)
Today's stats
Nothing. Not a darn thing. Bliss...
Not least as I have been applying the little-known "junk food" recovery method. Which pretty much involves lolling around on the sofa and eating any cakes or high-fat food (mmm, pizza!) that appears before me (as if by magic!). I am convinced that this method was a crucial element in assisting my knees to return to normal (or at least it can't have hurt), but it does rather mean that I've spent one week carefully undoing the work of the previous 7. Meh.
I was supposed to be doing a half-marathon today... But my knees, you know, wouldn't have been a good idea. And then there is the weather aspect - torrential rain all day. Nice running weather, I'm sure, but not for me. And then there's the whole "I didn't do any running training" issue... I mean, really, it just wasn't a good idea. Although, of course, I'm simply devastated not to be taking part. Devastated...
In other news (brace yourselves) - Boris is in the bicycle shop! Yes, that's right, he's no longer cowering in his box in the hall, he is now, um, cowering in his box elsewhere! Even better, he's there to be freed, freed from his soulless prison, and unleashed on the world once more. And all for the terribly reasonable price of about £100. (@_@) Well, it was that or risk a breakdown, and one can't really put a price on one's (mental) health, can one..? (OK, yes, £100, but apart from that...). Anyway, within the next week Boris will be back in one piece and ready to roll!
That's all the news at the moment - off to do some more housework (because I'm supposed to be doing some paid work) - onward!
:o)
Today's stats
Nothing. Not a darn thing. Bliss...
No comments:
Post a Comment