Am getting quite tired of this 5x50 nonsense. I want a day off! I'm sure that this constant exercise is doing me some good (well, I certainly hope it is otherwise why? Why??!) but I am starting to dream desperately of a day without the the constant nagging sense that I have 5k yet to do and time is running out.
Obviously getting up and doing some exercise before work would get rid of this problem, but really, there are limits to what is possible. I am not a morning person. Getting out of bed early to go and do some exercise before going to work is always trumped by staying in bed a bit longer and snoozing. Always. On holiday, I did try to get up early (when it was cooler) but this was foiled daily by the thought of just another 10 minutes snoozing...
In other news, I am slowly regaining hearing in my right ear (which is good as otherwise work tomorrow would be rather embarrassing). And I am no longer shivering with cold. This may be because the local weather has ceased dropping to winter temperatures, but it could also be because I am re-acclimatising to the chill. This is probably a good thing (there's no need to be used to living in Dubai-style temperatures when you, erm, don't). Still, a little more warmth and sunshine generally wouldn't hurt.
Except when I'm training, of course. I have discovered that I need the cooler temperatures to do any exercise at anything resembling speed. Always finding new limitations to this "getting off the sofa" lark...
:o)
Sunday's stats
Obviously getting up and doing some exercise before work would get rid of this problem, but really, there are limits to what is possible. I am not a morning person. Getting out of bed early to go and do some exercise before going to work is always trumped by staying in bed a bit longer and snoozing. Always. On holiday, I did try to get up early (when it was cooler) but this was foiled daily by the thought of just another 10 minutes snoozing...
In other news, I am slowly regaining hearing in my right ear (which is good as otherwise work tomorrow would be rather embarrassing). And I am no longer shivering with cold. This may be because the local weather has ceased dropping to winter temperatures, but it could also be because I am re-acclimatising to the chill. This is probably a good thing (there's no need to be used to living in Dubai-style temperatures when you, erm, don't). Still, a little more warmth and sunshine generally wouldn't hurt.
Except when I'm training, of course. I have discovered that I need the cooler temperatures to do any exercise at anything resembling speed. Always finding new limitations to this "getting off the sofa" lark...
:o)
Today's stats
Cycling (in gym) - 40 mins, 8 miles [Level 5, trying to step up a gear. Without there actually being gears...]
Sunday's stats
Walking - 50 mins, 3.4 miles [seem to have finally picked up some speed...]
No comments:
Post a Comment