Saturday, 17 May 2014

157. Bridges and doughnuts

This week has been something of a trial. Of a particularly tasty kind. Because, dear reader, it has been National Doughnut Week. Now, I have never before heard of such a thing (do doughnuts really care if they get their own week? And, isn't it a bit wrong to have a celebratory week which mostly involves destroying the very thing that you're celebrating??). But this did not stop everyone I work with embracing the week with gusto.

Now, I love doughnuts. But even I can see that an entire week of daily doughnuts might have the odd downside. Not that this stopped me from joining the celebrations: well, one does occasionally have to be sociable...

So the 5x50 exercising this week has had a somewhat desperate anti-doughnut feel to it. And on Friday it turned into a team event as we gathered together at lunchtime (daylight!) for a walk across the bridge and back. Which was actually quite good fun (I can recommend) and blessed with good weather (sunshine!). A bit slow (the pace had to accommodate walking AND talking - and challenge indeed!), but speed as ever is not my goal (just as well really).

However, the downside to all this exercise in the sunshine (and there has to be one) is that I now resemble a rather pink panda. It appears that I can spend a week in Dubai and now create silly tan lines, but one hour in the exceedingly rare sunshine at home and I have tanned myself some goggles.

Lovely!

:o)

Today's stats
Walking - 1 hour 1 min, 4.01 miles [better than nothing]

Friday's stats
Walking - 1 hours 7 mins, 3.46 miles [team walk over the bridge and back again!]

No comments:

Post a Comment