And on Sunday 18th May 2014 it came to pass that the 2014 5x50 Challenge did end.
Going out with a bang, I walked 5 miles, flush with success (actually did something every day of the Challenge this year!) and chock-full of fitness and vigour. Which heady sense of triumph lasted for about an hour, and then my knees started hurting...
I write this seated, but I shan't be seated for long as it's rather painful. Yes, on my first day of rest in 50 days I have knees that aren't fond of standing and are positively against sitting (the bending, you know, not a core function of knees, apparently). And so my day of rest has been spent whimpering in pain and shuffling around like a geriatric.
Exercise, it's bad for you -but then, we knew that already, eh?
Still, I've had the chance to break out the Biofreeze again and so now smell both of mint and menthol (which isn't that unpleasant), and it does appear that the pain has now reduced sufficiently that I might actually get some sleep tonight.
Repeat after me - virtue is its own reward...
(@_*)
Sunday's stats
Walking - 1 hour 14 mins, 5 miles [all good until...]
Going out with a bang, I walked 5 miles, flush with success (actually did something every day of the Challenge this year!) and chock-full of fitness and vigour. Which heady sense of triumph lasted for about an hour, and then my knees started hurting...
I write this seated, but I shan't be seated for long as it's rather painful. Yes, on my first day of rest in 50 days I have knees that aren't fond of standing and are positively against sitting (the bending, you know, not a core function of knees, apparently). And so my day of rest has been spent whimpering in pain and shuffling around like a geriatric.
Exercise, it's bad for you -but then, we knew that already, eh?
Still, I've had the chance to break out the Biofreeze again and so now smell both of mint and menthol (which isn't that unpleasant), and it does appear that the pain has now reduced sufficiently that I might actually get some sleep tonight.
Repeat after me - virtue is its own reward...
(@_*)
Sunday's stats
Walking - 1 hour 14 mins, 5 miles [all good until...]
No comments:
Post a Comment