For those paying attention to the last blog, I can confirm with some authority that a complimentary glass of Cava offered on arrival can very nearly cure all ills. I was exceedingly annoyed by the whole check-in process (people requesting and then wandering off with my passport - why??) but that all... Went away when the free Cava came out. Take note hotels - free fizzy wine is the true answer to your customer service problems, and not a load of sincere people apologising.
Fewer apologies, more fizzy wine - this is my new policy. *hic*
In other news, as the weather turns to the summer (at least in terms of hours of daylight) I am conscious that the "ideal conditions for cycling" window is opening. And yet, poor Boris is still in his box... Really should do something about that. You know, soon. Ish.
Before you get too excited, I should point out that the Council has once again proved its deep and abiding hatred of me and once again put long-term roadworks on my cycle route to work (what is the point in having a dedicated cycle path if it's shut whenever I might want to use it?!). This means that, should Boris ever escape his box, my 15-mile route to work will once again be 17 miles (including diversion for roadworks). Pretty much the definition of motivational, that.
Still, there is little point in having a bike in bits. Plus it's cluttering up the hall... Should anyone wish to support the "Free Boris" campaign - you should note that bribery is always an acceptable option.
;oD
Today's stats
Fewer apologies, more fizzy wine - this is my new policy. *hic*
In other news, as the weather turns to the summer (at least in terms of hours of daylight) I am conscious that the "ideal conditions for cycling" window is opening. And yet, poor Boris is still in his box... Really should do something about that. You know, soon. Ish.
Before you get too excited, I should point out that the Council has once again proved its deep and abiding hatred of me and once again put long-term roadworks on my cycle route to work (what is the point in having a dedicated cycle path if it's shut whenever I might want to use it?!). This means that, should Boris ever escape his box, my 15-mile route to work will once again be 17 miles (including diversion for roadworks). Pretty much the definition of motivational, that.
Still, there is little point in having a bike in bits. Plus it's cluttering up the hall... Should anyone wish to support the "Free Boris" campaign - you should note that bribery is always an acceptable option.
;oD
Today's stats
Cycling (in gym) - 47 mins, 10 miles [(proper) Level 5, oof!]
Wednesday's stats
Wednesday's stats
Walking - 59 mins, 3.99 miles [so close! But no 4 mile cigar...]
Tuesday's stats
Tuesday's stats
Walking - 52 mins, 3.41 miles [tired, very tired]
Monday's stats
Zumba - 1 hour [wiggling it]
Monday's stats
Zumba - 1 hour [wiggling it]
No comments:
Post a Comment