Sunday, 1 June 2014

160. Balancing act

A nice 2-week break must eventually come to an end. Or it's not a break but a life of sloth and inactivity. Apparently there's a law against such things, or something.

Anyway, I decided to leap back into the exercise fray with a return to exercise classes (long overdue). Starting with back-to-back Bodypump and Bodybalance. Which, on reflection, was perhaps not the easiest way either to re-start exercising or do either of the classes. Still, if you're going to do something, do it the hard way - this is not my motto, but realistically it perhaps should be...

Bodypump - my weak and feeble T-Rex arms made it about half-way through the class before they wilted, with one of them pretty much giving up altogether. It's somewhat embarrassing in what is essentially a weight-lifting class to be incapable of lifting anything let alone weights - however, hand-held weights can hide this fact, I've discovered.

Bodybalance - having tightened up all my muscles (and rendered some of them inoperative) I then spent an hour trying to show off my non-existent flexibility and flow like the wind on one foot while twisting myself into the shape of a tree. It went about as well as it sounds: I've been away too long; I have no balance; knackering my muscles with weights just meant that I livened up the class by falling over stuck mid-pretzel. Luckily I bounced, but still.

So, obviously, I have to go to both classes more often. Starting next week. Although this does have a downside: based on today's results I can only go to Bodypump at least when I will not actually have to use my arms for the rest of the day, and in particular will not have to raise my arms above shoulder height. Because that's not currently an option on this model.

Note to self - move all critical items below shoulder-height before next Saturday.

(^_^)

Today's stats
Bodypump - 1 hour [ye Gods]
Bodybalance - 1 hour [flail, flail, oof]
Walking - 41 mins, 2.34 miles [out...]
Walking - 39 mins, 2.04 miles [and back again. By some magically shorter route...]

No comments:

Post a Comment