Sunday, 17 June 2012

4. Pumped and balanced

I was going to launch into an extensive rant about my neighbours, but they have now discovered the main use for curtains and so the rant is somewhat redundant. Although I have been very distracted all day by the comings and goings in their front room - it's directly opposite my kitchen window and so I have had a ring-side seat. Distinctly too much ironing going on, in my opinion, by thankfully less bare skin on display today.

Have mostly loafed about today. Well, I toddled off for my second weightlifting experience (Bodypump) followed by another round of soothing stretching and balancing (Bodybalance), all of which left me feeling quite virtuous by lunchtime. Then I got home, sat down, and lost an entire afternoon... Hmmm... Really have to find a way to stop that happening (I'm thinking time-travel, myself).

Last Bodypump class seemed a trifle easy to me (apart from the requirement to stick by posterior out all the time, particularly given how distracting that must have been to the poor man standing behind me). This time, I stood at the back of the room, and upped the weights on the bar. Ooof. Well, I believe that 2.5kg is the weight for the arm work anyway... Need to add a bit more for my legs, I think... Although I did have a few RPM-style moments: the parts of the class where the instructor encourages you to keep pushing even though it's really hard and you're in pain, and I'm thinking "I don't know why, I really don't see the point in this". I'm more find something you can do rather well and do it repeatedly, rather than find something that's a bit beyond you and do that infrequently to make you stronger overall. At least I am when in pain and trying to lift a stupid weight bar above my head for the 50th time while sticking my bum out in a rather strange manner. To music.

Have had the first suggestion for a future challenge in - more on that later - need a few more ideas, I think, before I can get decisive. Or at least before I can decide that I should be getting decisive and then footer about for a while working out the right way to be decisive about such things...

:o)

Today's stats:
Bodypump - 1 hour, 2.5kg
Bodybalance - 1 hour, little balance evident

No comments:

Post a Comment