Thursday, 14 June 2012

3. Foiled!

Today is TBT day. With the smiley instructor.

But apparently last week - while I was elsewhere quaffing pre-dinner cocktails, I believe - smiley instructor announced that we would be having the other instructor this week. And that sadly meant that there was no TBT tonight. There was instead "Power and Grace".

*sigh* If I wanted to spend an hour wobbling around the place on bare feet while facing a full-length mirror showing my rather grumpy expression then I'm sure that I would choose to do so (and would probably be in desperate need of some psychiatric assistance). But no! I wanted to do TBT! The only upside to this crushing disappointment was that there was a bonding moment with all my fellow TBT regulars - we're all agreed that we much prefer smiley instructor and TBT to the barefoot trauma - in a few months I may even know their names! I feel that my social skills are improving in leaps and bounds...

Not that the instructor is bad... She just reminds me of gym classes at school... Lots of encouraging shouts of "Come on girls!" (or "Ladies" tonight - ah, how the years have passed...), and exhortations to try harder (am fairly sure "try harder" featured on all my PE reports). Not that the instructor looks anything like the PE instructors that I remember - definitely not Miss H (hard to imagine her in that little clothing - and I really don't want to even start, and so am now singing "la, la, la" with my fingers in my ears). And not Mrs H either - she really never said that much in PE. But then she did always seem to be slightly embarrassed - probably because she featured in many a hot rumour about her getting divorced and taking up with the male PE teacher... Ah, the memories...

I really hated PE classes...

Off to undo any good work achieved tonight by quaffing as much vodka as I can in the next 30 minutes (hey, who says I don't know how to party!).

:o)

Today's stats:
Fitness class - 60 minutes, but wrong one!

No comments:

Post a Comment