Thursday, 14 June 2012

2: Challenge 2 begun

And what might Challenge 2 be when it's at home?

Well, after 6 months of training to be fit enough to complete the marathon, I'm probably still some way off genuinely fit. So Challenge 2 is to keep going with training - embrace a new, healthier and fitter lifestyle! - possibly with some test event at the end of a further 6 months. Said event as yet unspecified...

And so it has begun - after a few weeks off to recover post marathon, regular exercise is to be again resumed. If I can be bothered...

I'm operating on the principle that regular exercise classes should take care of maintaining/increasing my fitness for the moment, but time will tell... Today I managed to drag myself to the gym and quickly use the cross-trainer, followed by trying out my shiny new Pilates DVD. Yes indeedy, I now have a choice of Pilates DVDs - the excitement is quite over-whelming. This new (Beginner's) DVD is, from first contact, much harder than the old DVD: I'm trying to think that that's a good thing. However, the most important things are that it is different (I am word-perfect on the old DVD) and that it is split into 5 10-minute sections which means that I can pick and choose how much Pilates to do (that's the theory, anyway).

Otherwise, after days of searching (well, worrying that I couldn't find) for it, I have finally found the charger for my mobile. It was on the sofa. Next to where I have been sitting and worrying for several days. Now, this may suggest that I am both untidy and also incapable of finding things which are right in front of me.... However, since I had similar problems locating my gym tag earlier this evening, I am now inclined to suspect that mini black holes are appearing and disappearing in my house. Nothing else can really explain the fact that I keep finding things where I have already looked for them (several times). I shall be monitoring this situation closely in the coming weeks...

:o)

Today's stats:
Cross-trainer - 30 minutes, 4 miles
Pilates DVD - 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment