So the next event is cycling, and it's for 110 miles (plus a little warming up at the start and warming down at the end - why?? Why??!!) and there are hills. Many, many hills...
Given I found the 65 miles through the joys of Yorkshire somewhat hard work, and light conditions mean that I'm not able to really take Boris out for a spin during the week... I've been in head-down panic training for a while. Well, as panicked as my training ever gets.
Mostly this has involved a commitment to going to RPM at 7am of a morning. Over, and over again... Blooming hard work - but it's only 45 minutes and so I worry that I might now be able to climb one hill better than before, but still cannot do so repeatedly over 110 miles...
Panic, panic, stress, stress, eeek!
A sensible person would bemoan the half-hearted training to date (you can't drag yourself up to the proper levels of fitness at the last minute)... But mostly I just bemoan the need sportive organisers seem to feel to put hills in everywhere. I mean, cycling 110 miles is a bit of feat in itself - are the hills really necessary?? I say no. And I shall undoubtedly be saying that even more firmly in the very near future...
:o}
Today's stats:
RPM - 45 mins [zone-shaming, hill climbing, continue]
Saturday 29th stats:
Bodybalance - 1 hr [ohm... Erm, is this supposed to be quite this hard?!]
Friday 28th stats:
RPM - 45 mins [zone-shaming, hill climbing, continue]
Wednesday 26th stats:
RPM - 45 mins [zone-shaming, hill climbing, continue]
Saturday 22nd stats:
Bodybalance - 1 hr [blimey, that was hard work - that doesn't seem right...?!]
Friday 21st stats:
RPM - 45 mins [zone-shaming, hill climbing, continue]
Given I found the 65 miles through the joys of Yorkshire somewhat hard work, and light conditions mean that I'm not able to really take Boris out for a spin during the week... I've been in head-down panic training for a while. Well, as panicked as my training ever gets.
Mostly this has involved a commitment to going to RPM at 7am of a morning. Over, and over again... Blooming hard work - but it's only 45 minutes and so I worry that I might now be able to climb one hill better than before, but still cannot do so repeatedly over 110 miles...
Panic, panic, stress, stress, eeek!
A sensible person would bemoan the half-hearted training to date (you can't drag yourself up to the proper levels of fitness at the last minute)... But mostly I just bemoan the need sportive organisers seem to feel to put hills in everywhere. I mean, cycling 110 miles is a bit of feat in itself - are the hills really necessary?? I say no. And I shall undoubtedly be saying that even more firmly in the very near future...
:o}
Today's stats:
RPM - 45 mins [zone-shaming, hill climbing, continue]
Saturday 29th stats:
Bodybalance - 1 hr [ohm... Erm, is this supposed to be quite this hard?!]
Friday 28th stats:
RPM - 45 mins [zone-shaming, hill climbing, continue]
Wednesday 26th stats:
RPM - 45 mins [zone-shaming, hill climbing, continue]
Saturday 22nd stats:
Bodybalance - 1 hr [blimey, that was hard work - that doesn't seem right...?!]
Friday 21st stats:
RPM - 45 mins [zone-shaming, hill climbing, continue]
No comments:
Post a Comment