What with one thing and another - malingering calf, general lack of training, fear of the mountain to cycle ahead - I am now abandoning plans for the Proclaimers Challenge.
Yes indeedy, no more plans for me.
After a certain number of plans, one starts to run out of letters of the alphabet (what am I on now, Plan F? Plan G? Plan AA?). A new way forward is called for.
And that way forward is Operations. Specifically, at the moment, Operation Get Off The Sofa. You see how simple that is? No need to keep track of how many Operations it takes to complete one relatively simple Challenge - just a nifty title and off you go.
Operation Get Off The Sofa is at an early stage and is thus necessarily concerned at this time with goals, motivation and visualisation. Yes, that's right, I have a goal to get off my rehab sofa, I have the motivation of another crackpot event taking place this weekend, and so I am visualising myself doing the exercise and training necessary to achieve this goal.
Any day now I'll move on from visualising the training and start actually doing said training...
But I don't want to rush things. Better safe than sorry. Achieving the overall mission objectives is far more important in the long run. At the end of the day. Going forward. And so forth.
:o)
Yesterday's stats:
Walking - 3.5 miles, 57 mins [starting out slowly to re-build some fitness... Very slowly...]
Yes indeedy, no more plans for me.
After a certain number of plans, one starts to run out of letters of the alphabet (what am I on now, Plan F? Plan G? Plan AA?). A new way forward is called for.
And that way forward is Operations. Specifically, at the moment, Operation Get Off The Sofa. You see how simple that is? No need to keep track of how many Operations it takes to complete one relatively simple Challenge - just a nifty title and off you go.
Operation Get Off The Sofa is at an early stage and is thus necessarily concerned at this time with goals, motivation and visualisation. Yes, that's right, I have a goal to get off my rehab sofa, I have the motivation of another crackpot event taking place this weekend, and so I am visualising myself doing the exercise and training necessary to achieve this goal.
Any day now I'll move on from visualising the training and start actually doing said training...
But I don't want to rush things. Better safe than sorry. Achieving the overall mission objectives is far more important in the long run. At the end of the day. Going forward. And so forth.
:o)
Yesterday's stats:
Walking - 3.5 miles, 57 mins [starting out slowly to re-build some fitness... Very slowly...]
No comments:
Post a Comment