Wednesday, 2 September 2015

186. Training zombie style

Yesterday I had to get up at 5:40 am. Today I had to get up at 5:15 am. Since yesterday morning I have travelled north - south west - north west - east. I just about remembered what my house looked like as I whirled in this evening...

With enough time to escort Boris to the shop to be serviced (he's got a big weekend ahead of him, and how would I know if he's up for it?), before I dashed off to do a 5k run.

Noting that my warn-up for said run was a 2 mile up-hill slog to the start, followed by a 2 mile downhill meander home again. I'm not sure that this was an efficient energy-conservation strategy, but there are times when I just want to walk places as transport becomes a big issue (can I park? How do I get there? Is there a bus? How often? How long does it take? Would a train be faster? When does it leave? On and on and on...).

This week is actually not a great one for the non-morning person. I may possibly get a relatively long lie tomorrow (7 am start time!) but the rest of the week it's all early, early, early...

I will be very happy when next Monday appears - providing I have survived Sunday successfully, of course...

:o)

Today's stats:
Walking - 2.32 miles, 37 mins [hurry, hurry, places to be]
Walking - 2.28 miles, 38 mins [staggering back home again]

No comments:

Post a Comment