Thursday, 11 June 2015

172. Ups and downs

OK, well, didn't actually cycle to work today. Note entirely sure why (I did keep remembering things that needed to be at work that I didn't want to carry with me, but...). Still, there's always tomorrow. God bless tomorrow!

On the other hand, Boris and I did take advantage of the suddenly summer-like weather to do an early evening tour of the area. Quick test of part of the route tomorrow - not least since I don't trust the Council not to have changed huge elements of it while I wasn't looking.

I did find the route back easier than the route out, and suspect that if I can get over that particular psychological block then things might go rather more smoothly. Or, at the very least, I might start consistently starting events and doing training as scheduled. I'll just add that to the list of things that I have to work on... *sigh*

The other side of sunny weather suddenly appearing is that everyone else throws themselves out of their houses to "enjoy" the local parks and "countryside". So it was busy out there, folks. Also, there was the heady scent of hurriedly organise barbecues in the air. This might possibly also be why I saw at least 2 fire engines rushing off purposely with lights and sirens going tonight... But possibly not. I did cycle past one barbecue which really looked more like a bin smouldering smokily (might have indeed been a bin whose contents were on fire) - slightly disturbed that there was no discernible distinction in smell between that and the proper barbecues.

I remain confused about the allure of barbecues (the flies! The smoke! The lengthy wait for food which then has to be eaten outside as the day cools down significantly!). Perhaps I merely don't understand the fascination with fire... Grr!

:o)

Cycling - 56 mins, 9.89 miles [Testing out a bit of the route to work.]

No comments:

Post a Comment