Boris and I are hastily trying to recover from Saturday's exertions (the latest schedule for The Proclaimers Challenge allows for little weakness or time off).
For Boris, this requires.... Well, nothing, really. He's just hanging out in the hall, as per usual.
I, on the other hand, am taking seat gingerly, and trying to stretch my back out (right shoulder is convinced that I'm stabbing something into it). Which is really quite normal for ye olde cycling fun and games. Although I am adding into the mix my new secret weapon: eating more.
Yes indeedy. I cannot afford to have the week-long session of fatigue that I had after the RideLondon 100 (schedule, see above), and so food intake is being judiciously and deliberately increased (unless I fall off the training waggon again, at which point it'll need to be held steady). On Saturday, for example, I had breakfast (sawdust aka muesli - mmm, mm, mmmm), as much food as I could face at the mid-way feed point, post-event food (pie and cake!), pasta when I got home (that might have been lunch) and then dinner in the evening. Most of which food I really wasn't interested in eating, but the secret weapon does seem to be working.
Leading to me attending my first Bodybalance session in months. Rather reassuringly, my basic core strength seems OK (not that there's not work to do). Rather worryingly, and as suspected, my hips are not impressed by this exercise party and, in the wonderful words of the Evil Podiatrist, are "a bit stiff".
You should probably prepare yourself for lots of updates on my progress in trying to shimmy my hips into shape. Something to look forward to there...
:o)
Sunday's stats
Bodybalance - 1 hr, 0 miles [Balance a bit wobbly, hips creaking most definitively.]
For Boris, this requires.... Well, nothing, really. He's just hanging out in the hall, as per usual.
I, on the other hand, am taking seat gingerly, and trying to stretch my back out (right shoulder is convinced that I'm stabbing something into it). Which is really quite normal for ye olde cycling fun and games. Although I am adding into the mix my new secret weapon: eating more.
Yes indeedy. I cannot afford to have the week-long session of fatigue that I had after the RideLondon 100 (schedule, see above), and so food intake is being judiciously and deliberately increased (unless I fall off the training waggon again, at which point it'll need to be held steady). On Saturday, for example, I had breakfast (sawdust aka muesli - mmm, mm, mmmm), as much food as I could face at the mid-way feed point, post-event food (pie and cake!), pasta when I got home (that might have been lunch) and then dinner in the evening. Most of which food I really wasn't interested in eating, but the secret weapon does seem to be working.
Leading to me attending my first Bodybalance session in months. Rather reassuringly, my basic core strength seems OK (not that there's not work to do). Rather worryingly, and as suspected, my hips are not impressed by this exercise party and, in the wonderful words of the Evil Podiatrist, are "a bit stiff".
You should probably prepare yourself for lots of updates on my progress in trying to shimmy my hips into shape. Something to look forward to there...
:o)
Sunday's stats
Bodybalance - 1 hr, 0 miles [Balance a bit wobbly, hips creaking most definitively.]
No comments:
Post a Comment