Friday, 5 June 2015

168. It's just like riding a bike...

Boris is back!!

And, quite possibly, not a moment too soon... As someone (that would be me) is supposed to get up early tomorrow and set off on a perky 30-mile sportive. In what is forecast to be some interesting wind conditions. On open roads. Over in all probability an unnecessary number of hills....

Still, Boris is back!

I have to say, I have been really struggling for motivation. I'm not entirely sure that tonight's cycle will have cured that, but having quite literally forced myself to leave the house to check that I could still work out how to cycle (mostly the gears thing. Again.), I am a lot calmer. I can still use gears (OK, it took me a while to work out which way was up and which way was down... But not nearly as long as it took me originally!). I didn't fall over. I cycled 10 miles without collapsing at the end (although I really do need to do more training)... All good, really.

Of course, the Council (who hate me) have been out again. I meant to cycle to a really obvious junction, turn round and cycle home (this would have been faster and shorter). Except they've "improved" the junction, and so I didn't recognise it (improving it involved more signage but not better signage)! It has proper give way lines now. On a shared pedestrian-/cycle-path. Just... They did this on purpose, you know.

And since I went the wrong way, I ended up at completely the other end of town (in fairly short order, it has to be said) and suddenly found myself on an unexpected steep down-ramp leading to some trains (and/or trams). Which was really confusing as that path did not use to go there! All very exciting and exploratory... But a slightly shorter route would have been the more sensible and pragmatic choice.

Nonetheless... Boris is back!

:o)

Today's stats
Cycling - 59 mins, 10.29 miles [Outside! In a very confused fashion, but... Outside!]

No comments:

Post a Comment