Tuesday, 1 January 2013

70. Alternative resolutions

New Year's resolutions are traditionally big and dramatic: life-changing things. "Climb Everest." "Join a gym and lose 3 stones." "Win the lottery and move to the Bahamas." That sort of thing....

I don't make resolutions as a general rule as they seem mostly to be a handy list of things that you are unlikely ever to do, let alone in the coming year. However, on a slightly less life-changing level, I do have a few aspirational resolutions which I would find jolly useful if I can make them happen...

1) Stop breaking earphones. I have replaced more sets of earphones in the past year than in the preceding 10 years. I'm not sure what I'm doing to them, but whatever it is it has to stop, as it's costing me a fortune and it's deeply aggravating when they start stopping (not to mention the whole lop-sided running thing that happens when one works and the other doesn't).

2) Stop cancelling things. Go, or don't make the arrangement in the first place. If at all possible.... It's expensive, annoying and disappointing for others. So put a stop to it now!

3) Get a hobby. For God's sake, get a hobby. Something enjoyable to do in spare time (ha!) which is actually enjoyable unlike everything else which is scheduled to fill up alleged spare time this year. And quickly, before I reach April and discover I've gone completely mental due to spending all my time forcing myself to leave the house to go running.... Reading is not allowed to count as a hobby (or going to the cinema either). Sadly...

4) Do housekeeping chores. Quickly. Before the stuff in the house piles up in front of the front door and traps the unwary inside, and the kitchen table actually resembles something only previously seen in "Great Expectations". Keep house tidy and clean in the expectation that visitors could arrive AT ANY MOMENT. And then some might actually turn up...

I think that that will do to be getting along with - quite a time-consuming and tiring list as it is... Going to be a busy year...

**(^_^)**


Today's stats:
Cycling (in gym) - 28 mins, 5 miles [Level 5]
Pilates - 35 mins, DVD1

No comments:

Post a Comment